FIELD TECHNICIAN – HOUSTON AND RGV
Amtech is seeking a building envelope field technician for our Houston and Rio Grande Valley offices. The candidate should have a strong roofing, wall, and waterproofing systems background, with the ability to identify deviation from plans, specifications, submittals, or established best practices and experience with typical issues encountered in roof, wall component, and waterproofing installation, replacement, and repair, construction monitoring, and contract administration. The position requires understanding of testing procedures, ASTM and AAMA test standards. The candidate should ideally be registered as an RRO, RRC, RWC, REWO, REWC, and/or RBEC.
In addition to a strong technical background, the position will also include on-site interaction with client representatives and construction personnel. The candidate must be comfortable in both field and office environments, documenting and reporting conditions observed during site visits.
• Experience in identifying correct or deficient implementation of plans, specifications, and building construction methods as regard the building envelope
• Experience in the assessment of existing condition of building envelope components, such as roofs, wall and window systems, and sealants
• Experience in testing of building envelope component installation (ASTM, AAMA, etc.)
• Professional certifications (PE, RRO, RRC, RWC, REWC, etc.) preferred
• Minimum 10 – years experience
• Leadership skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Staff development and mentoring
• Ability to travel
• Houston, Texas
• Rio Grande Valley, Pharr, Texas
Amtech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please contact Steven Grant ([email protected]) for more information.