Roof Observer - Austin and RGV
Amtech is seeking experienced roof observers for our Austin and RGV offices. Candidates should ideally be Registered Roof Observers (RRO), or have an extensive roofing construction background.
- Perform roof inspections and prepare field reports
- Perform in-field take-offs and be able to quantify roof systems
- Work with the CAD department to generate roof plans
- Assess roof conditions including active leak issues, overall conditions,, and deterioration
- Make specific recommendations based on roof inspection/assessment
- Inspect roof assets with a focus on what is needed to preserve and extend roof life-cycle
- Respond to technical questions
- Review RFI's
- Provide design input as necessary
- Testing experience preferred (IR, nuclear, EFVM, moisture meters, etc.)
- 15+ years of roofing and/or building envelope experience
- RRO designation preferred
- Understanding of all low and steep slope commercial roofing systems including single-ply, built-up, metal, foam, shingles, etc.
- Ability to estimate roof age and remaining service life
- Technically competent with field data collection tools
- Basic computer skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to travel
- Austin, TX
- Rio Grande Valley, Pharr, TX
Amtech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please contact Steven Grant (email@example.com) for more information.
Experience, Skills, and Capabilities